Sunday, October 25, 2009

Going 50...

No kids, I'm not turning 50 yet. My new workout intensity boosting technique is called 50's... Why the name? read on. You may notice that my last post is about to turn 1 year old. Well, I have been busy the past months, as a matter of fact, I took a time off from the gym. As you would all expect, my body shrunk. And along with the size, my confidence lessened. Stress came alongside too. Then after more than six months, I decided, it's about time to go banging weights again. At the 1st 2 weeks of trying to get back in shape, working out was a torture. But it gets easier as i realize my desire to get back in shape. now after less than 2 months of toiling in the gym... i have developed a new way to boost intensity. It's called 50's...

Explanation:

After working on your normal workout, let's say chest, follow it up with 50's.

choose a weight that is not too heavy for you. But not too light to keep it challenging. let's say you can do 200 pound bench presses with 10 reps, the weight should be around 150 or 160... start doing reps untl u can do no more. if you cranked out 12, don't lose count, put the weight down, rest 4 a max of 15 secs, then crank out more. If you were able to crank out 8 reps, then that's already 20 counting the 12 you did. carry on til you complete 50 reps. the key to this intensity booster is the rest period. just 15 secs. any more and u'll be resting too much thus lessening the intensity potential.

that's it, enjoy this technique...

No comments: